Friday, November 12, 2010

The rest of the story!

Greetings -
First I want to thank all of you that have joined us on this journey to our other little guy in Ethiopia! Many people have asked for me to share more of his story as there is a piece I left out last week. I was not sure whether to put this information out there but alas it is part of his story and part of how he is coming to our family. So here goes!

Both of the boys were at the transition house at the same time and actually T**** was adopted last summer by an amazing family. Unfortunately when they went to pick him up they realized that they would not be able to care for him they way he should be cared for. They to did the hardest thing I think a parent could do and that is to give up their child. (And we will forever be grateful to them) I do not know them and I do not know their story but I we will be forever blessed by their unselfish love of a child. It has taken a little over a year to get the adoption revoked and in that year Tariku and T**** have grown as brothers. So there it is the missing piece of how they came to be who they are.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we prepare to head back to Ethiopia on Sunday the 21st of November - we are headed for our court appointment to make him a part of the Hammons house!!

Wishing you a Magical Day~
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment