Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Devastating News to us

Greetings -
I was so hoping that as we entered week 12 since passing court (today to be exact!!) that I would be telling you we would be heading out to Africa but alas that is not the case at all. I received a call from our agency this morning explaining that the I-604 investigation was over (PRAISE GOD!)There is someone new at the embassy and although there was nothing out of the ordinary or fishy they have decided a DNA test is in order. So in order for there to be a DNA test a few things need to happen. First we need to locate the birth mother again, Next she needs to agree to the DNA test and come to the capital of Addidas for it. If for some reason she would not agree than we need to get a court order for her to comply. Finally the DNA needs to be sent off to a embassy approved lab (where currently the turn around is 40 days for results) and once all of that is complete than we may go and get our sweet boy. Kenneth and I are beside ourselves at this point and cannot really put into words how we feel. We do know that this is in the Lords hands and we are asking for prayer and guidance. I am awaiting a call from the agency as I type this to answer some questions like can we go visit him, and I will be sure to share with you all what we learn. Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers!

Wishing you a magical day~
Courtney

5 comments:

  1. Courtney that is so sad to here about whats going on, and we are to beside our self on what's going on. I can't believe this is happening. You and Kenneth will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh courtney... so sorry.
    is it just because of the orphanage he came from?
    praying for you, that there will be peace in the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep! It is all thanks to the orphanage he came from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you when I read this verse today. May you be finding comfort in all of this, as you hide in the shadow of His wings. He hears your heart's cries. May you feel Him even when you cannot understand all that is going on.

    "I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
    give ear to me and hear my prayer.
    Show the wonder of your great love,
    you who save by your right hand
    those who take refuge in you from their foes.
    Keep me as the apple of your eye;
    hide me in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 17:6-8 NIV

    ReplyDelete